Do you know that you can clean your tiles effectively if you know the right method to clean them?
Well yes, always use a scouring pad for cleaning ceramic tiles and use a soft sponge or microfiber cloth for cleaning printed pattern tiles. On the same line, here are a few tile and grout cleaning tips that would help you out!
- Run a hot splash of hot water for a few minutes on the tiles. Take a mild liquid detergent and rub it with a sponge on the tiles. Allow it to stand for a while so that the dirt completely absorbs the soap solution. Rinse it with water and then mop the tiles with a dry cloth.
- Baking soda is another option that works well on tiles. Dip a sponge in baking soda and scrub it on the tiles and over the grout lines. Leave it on the tiles for some time, and then rinse it with lukewarm water preferably. This will help you in removing dirt and grime effectively from the tiles.
- The acidic properties of vinegar can also help you in clearing out grease from the tiles. It is one of the most versatile and effective methods of tile and grout cleaning. For cleaning, mix equal parts of white vinegar with water and fill it in a spray bottle. You can also use a bucket. Spray the mixture on the tiles or apply the mixture with the help of a sponge on the tiles. Leave it for a while and then wash with water. Vinegar inhibits the growth of molds and mildew from growing.
- Lemon juice also removes the dirt from the tiles effectively. It removes the oiliness and clears out grime in minutes. Take a half lemon and rub it directly on the tiles and the grout lines. You can also make a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda and apply it on the tiles. Rub it with a cloth or sponge and then wash with warm or cold water. Lemon juice is one of the most effective stain removal natural cleansers. It also prevents your hands from any damage during cleaning.
- In a similar way, Borax can also be used for cleaning. It is alkaline in nature with a pH of 9.3 and has effective cleaning and deodorizing properties. Take the mineral in a bowl and scrub it with a sponge on the tiles and the grout lines. Rub it till the tiles start shining. Wash it with water later on.
- You can also mix equal parts of baking soda, cream of tartar, borax, and citrus peels to clean tiles. This mixture is eco-friendly and clears out grime within no time.
- Further, you can also make a mixture of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and liquid soap. Apply it on the tiles and then wash it off with water.
Simply follow the above-mentioned steps to maintain a fresh and hygienic environment in your washroom.